Making a Medical Negligence Claim — how will I pay?
Making a claim for medical negligence can seem scary. You will have questions to ask such ‘How will I be able to pay for my claim?’ to ‘Is there a time limit to medical negligence claims?’ With years of experience supporting these types of claims, we can provide you with the answers to your questions. Another question may be ‘What happens if my claim is not successful?’ You may be eligible for a no win no fee medical negligence claim. There are three ways that you can cover your expenses and whatever the method, we will assist you in finding the best way to fund your claim at no cost.
1) No Win No Fee. We can see if your medical negligence claim is eligible for ‘no win no fee’. This can be backed by insurance to ensure that there is no risk to you.
2) Trade Union funding. If you are a member of a trade union then you may be eligible for funding through them.
3) House Insurance. You may have legal expenses as part of your house insurance policy.
How long will it take to process my Medical Negligence Claim?
This always varies from case to case. As a general guide, if a healthcare provider admits liability, then cases can be resolved in a few months. However, if a healthcare provider disputes liability or your injuries are serious; the legal procedures involved can be complex. We would need to assess the full impact of your injuries on your life.
Regardless of the length of your claim, we will always work hard to obtain compensation as quickly as possible. We will also keep you informed about the likely timetable of the claim at the outset, keeping you updated on a regular basis throughout the life of your claim.
As soon as you are considering making a medical negligence claim, we advise that you speak to us as soon as possible as there can be claim time limits. Often a three-year period, these time limits are incurred from a date of diagnosis, date of negligence occurrence or the date of when you discovered that your treatment was negligent. However, each case is different from the next and we can advise you accordingly.
Whether you can claim no win no fee for your medical negligence claim, get trade union funding or claim on your house insurance, we at Pattinson Brewer will work closely with you to get the justice that you deserve and to get your life back on track. Get in touch with us to find out more about the options available to you on 0800 988 0777 or fill in our online form.
- Accidents Leading to Patients Death
- Brain Injury
- Case Studies
- Cosmetic Surgery Negligence Claims
- Dental Negligence
- Failure to diagnose / Misdiagnosis
- GP Negligence Claims
- Hospital Acquired Infections
- How Long Will My Claim Take
- How Will I Pay For My Claim
- Mistakes Administering Drugs
- Negligence by a private hospital or doctor
- Negligence by the NHS
- Negligent Surgery
- Obstetric Negligence
- Orthopaedic Negligence
- Pressure Sores
- Spinal Cord Injury
- What Are The Next Steps
- What is Medical Negligence
- Wrongful amputation