How much will it cost to bring a claim?
If you are or were a member of a Trades Union then your claim should be free.
You may have legal expense insurance that will fund your claim. We will look into this with you.
If you do not have the benefit of support from a Trades Union or a Legal Expense Insurer then we will make an assessment of your case free of charge and if the case is to proceed you will have nothing to pay for your own solicitors costs.
Litigation does carry the risk of an order for costs being made against you. We will ensure that you are protected against the risk of an adverse cost order by a suitable policy of insurance and that your own disbursements are funded in the event that you lose the claim.
If you win your case the defendant will pay your assessed costs.
Please contact us for a free of charge case assessment.
Is there other financial help available to me?
If you are not able to claim against a former employer you may still be able to claim compensation.
The Diffuse Mesothelioma Payment Scheme 2014
If you were diagnosed after the 25th July 2012 you maybe eligible to a payment under the new Diffuse Mesothelioma Payment Scheme introduced from 1st April 2014.
The Pneumoconiosis etc (Workers’ Compensation Act) 1979
If you are not eligible to any of the above you may still receive a lump sum payment for the Government.
Having cancer can be expensive and financial worries can add to your burden.
There are a number of DWP benefits and some financial support that might be available to you as follows: –
- Universal Credit – Between 2013 and 2017 Universal Credit will replace the income-related benefits – income support, housing benefit, income-related employment and support allowance, income-based job seeker’s allowance, child tax credit and working tax credit.
- Disability Living Allowance – This is being replaced by Personal Independence Payment.
- Attendance Allowance – higher or lower rates.
- Council Tax Benefit is being replaced by a system of localised council tax support.
You may also be eligible to the following: –
- Statutory Sick Pay
- Income Tax Refund
- Financial assistance under a pre-existing insurance policy
- Free NHS prescriptions
- Wigs and fabric supports
- Free eye and dental treatment
- Free adaptations and aids from social services
- Travel costs for treatment
- Help with mobility costs, road tax exemption, blue badge
- Your carer may be eligible to Carer’s Allowance and Carer’s Credit
- Diffuse mesothelioma and lung cancer victims can also claim Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit (Disease).
- Grants and Loans are available from some charities and some Trades Unions.
- About Asbestos
- Asbestos Advice
- Conditions Arising From Asbestos Exposure
- Jobs And Industries That Used Asbestos
- Making A Claim
- Mesothelioma Asbestos Related
- Hand Arm Vibration
- How much will it cost?
- Making a claim
- Noise Induced Hearing Loss Comp
- Occupational Stress Claims
- Respiratory Disease Claims
- Respiratory diseases
- RSI or Wruld Claims
- Skin Diseases
- VWF or HAVS Claims
- Work Related Cancer Claims