Industrial Diseases — Asbestos
Around 5000 workers in the UK lose their lives each year because of an asbestos related illness. At Pattinson Brewer, we are experts in the field of claims related to asbestos diseases and have been for over a hundred years. Our aim is to seek justice for victims who have contracted an illness as a result of employer negligence.
The Dangers of Asbestos
Asbestos is a silicate material made up of several microscopic fibres. Once asbestos materials are disturbed or damaged, any loose fibres or air particles can present a danger to the human body if inhaled. The biggest problem that lies herein is that asbestos damage to the body is not immediately present and can take a long time to develop. Because of this, diagnosis of an asbestos related illness can often come too late, proving to be fatal.
Asbestos has long been popular within construction and other trades such as shipbuilding and the car industry due to its favourable properties, namely resistance to fire, heat and insulation. The risks of using asbestos material have been known since the 1920’s yet many businesses still choose to ignore or neglect this, putting profit before their people.
The most common asbestos related diseases include:
- Mesothelioma —a fatal cancer affecting the lining of the lungs
- Asbestosis — scarring of the lungs
- Pleural Thickening — thickening and swelling of the lung lining
- Pleural Effusion — fluid collection between the lungs and chest wall
Pattinson Brewer and You
Our claimants are the heart of our organisation. We take your story seriously and aim to support you through a time that can be daunting and traumatic. We do all of the hard work so that you can focus on moving forward. If you would like more information relating to the initial stages involved in making an asbestos related industrial disease claim, get in touch with our specialists Frances McCarthy or Caroline Phelan on 0800 988 0777 or via email;
- About Asbestos
- Asbestos Advice
- Conditions Arising From Asbestos Exposure
- Jobs And Industries That Used Asbestos
- Making an Asbestos Claim
- Mesothelioma Asbestos Related
- Hand Arm Vibration
- How much will it cost?
- Making an Industrial Disease Claim
- Noise Induced Hearing Loss Comp
- Occupational Stress Claims
- Respiratory Disease Claims
- Respiratory diseases
- RSI or Wruld Claims
- Skin Diseases
- Vibrational White Finger Claims
- Work Related Cancer Claims