Administering An Estate
Administering an estate is the term given to the complex process involved in carrying out the wishes within your Will. Typically, this role is given to the executor of the Will, which is usually a family member or close friend of the deceased. Due to the complex and time consuming nature of the role, it can be incredibly difficult to act as an executor, particularly during what is an emotional and challenging time. This can be made even more complex if the individual died ‘intestate’, meaning they did not make a Will.
Our team has a wealth of experience in estate administration, so you can feel confident that our advice and support will be professional, understanding and tailored to your needs and the needs of your loved ones.
Why do I need assistance with administering an estate?
Appointing a specialist solicitor can help to relieve the pressure and stress of being an executor, ensuring there are no mistakes made and that the beneficiaries of your Will receive what they are entitled to. By acting as the administer to your estate they can also assist with the legal responsibilities relating to the following:
• Registering the death
• Tax and debts
• Full Estate Accounts
Where no Will exists, the process of administering an estate becomes even more complex. In such instances, we recommend contacting a legal expert for advice.
We recognise that everyone’s needs are different, which is why our professional team can provide advice that is tailored to your personal circumstances. Please contact our specialists on 0800 988 0777for more information.
- Administering An Estate
- Contesting A Will
- Court of Protection
- Defending a Will
- Drafting A Will
- Elderly Client & Vulnerable People
- Power of Attorney
- Trusts, Wills & Probate Library
- Assessing Mental Capacity - Guidance
- Asset Valuation Problems - Chattels
- CGT and Shares in Estates Valuation Trap
- Changing Wills For Benefit
- Cohabitees and Death - Who Can Claim?
- Dealing With an Insolvent Estate
- Estates - What Happens if Values Fall?
- Heir Hunters - Take Advice!
- Helping Your Executors
- How do I Leave Money to Charity in My Will?
- Lasting Powers of Attorney
- Making Your Will - Guidance
- The Unclaimed Assets Register
- What Happens on Intestacy?
- What is a Trust?
- Who is Under the Influence?
- Wills & Probate